Wednesday, June 6, 2018

10. Cozonac



Not so long ago I tried for the first time a traditional Romanian cake called cozonc and I liked it very much. I would like to make it one day.

Cozonac is not one hundred percent Romanian and Moldovan cake. The Bulgarians also make their version known as kozunak, but rather for Easter. Anyway, cozonac comes from Greece.



                   version with raisins - I do not like it


















And here I will give you a recipe:


Cozonac with nuts and cocoa


50 grams of butter
1 egg
25 grams of yeast
50 grams of sugar
100 ml of milk
pinch of salt
300 grams of flour


250 grams of walnuts
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 tablespoons of sugar
2-3 tablespoons of milk or water
1 egg braided to spread the dough




Dissolve the butter in a saucepan and leave to cool. Crumble the yeast into a large bowl and mix with the egg. Add milk to the butter, then sugar and stir until it dissolves. Pour everything into a bowl with yeast and egg and mix thoroughly, add the flour and make a smooth dough. Form a ball out of it, cover with a cloth and set aside for an hour to rise. Prepare the filling: grind nuts, add cocoa, sugar and the amount of milk or water to make the paste.
Divide the dough into two parts, form a rectangle from each, put on each filling, wrap in a roll. Apply both rolls to the braid, put in a mold covered with butter, leave to rise for 45 minutes. Heat the oven to 180 degrees, spread the dough with an egg, bake for 45 minutes.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment