Wednesday, June 6, 2018

11. Can song covers be better than the original?


Cover it's a new arrangement, interpretation of an existing piece of music performed by a performer who is not his original, known performer.

There are myriads of song covers and some of them are even successful, sometimes they are even at the original level, and sometimes there are even better, but it happens less often.
Here are a few of my favourite covers which have reached the original level or are a bit better(in my opinion of course):



cover


original
Dolores was great, but Bad Wolves also did very well.

original
cover no.1
cover no. 2


And here I have a dilemma whether my favorite version is the one of Status Quo or this of Sabaton.



original

cover
Here I think (after hearing both countless times) that these two versions are on an equal level for me.



original

cover

Here both are great.

It's not easy to catch up with a master. To overcome the master - some do happen.




I think these covers are great. And what do you guys think about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment