Wednesday, April 18, 2018

6. Romania - haunted places




I like reading stories about haunted places in the world. Here are some(=only two) haunted places in Romania.


1/ Hoia Baciu Forest

It is located in Transylvania in Cluj-Napoca and it'is considered to be the most dangerous and the most haunted place in Romania. It is believed that the forest kidnaps people who venture too deeply, somehow calling for help with strange female voices. Who will venture too far, will never come back.







2/ Iulia Hasdeu Castle

The castle was built on the orders of Bogdan Petriceic Hasdeu in the city of Campina in Romania after the death of his 19-year-old daughter, Iulia. B.P. Hasdeu devoted the castle as well as the rest of his life to the deceased daughter. He became a practicing spiritualist trying to establish closer contact with the daughter's spirit. Iulia apparently visits the castle today. The ghost of the girl especially likes to walk in the white dress in the courtyard and play the piano every night.




Unfortunately, I didn't find more haunted places in Romania, but if I find something more, I will share it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment